Thursday, September 14, 2006

In a new land, new place



Finally, after 2 days, I finally have access to the internet. It is rather slow as it uses Broadband.

Well, the good news is that Sylvie and I are adapting well to the environment. Guess it was a good choice coming to Vietnam for an educational trip last year.

Now that I we've got our net access, it makes life easier for us. In short, the resort has done its best to bring Singapore closer to us. From the treated water we get, Singapore style plugs, Singapore food and hundreds of maids to wait on us.

In fact, I do not regret one single bit coming to Vietnam. We receive expatriate treatment, which include:

- Having a personal room
- Complimentary use of the resort's facilities
- My own desk in the F & B office
- Choice of buffet, a la carte or set dinners for meal
- Laundry service for all our clothes
- Cable TV

Anyhow, here are some pictures which I have got about the resort
















Golfer's Terrace, the alfresco dining restaurant
















Palm Restaurant, the epitome of international cuisine in Ho Chi Minh City









Tantalizing desserts prepared by our patissier









Seafood platter
















My favorite fried prawns (One of our set dinner dishes)

Btw, I've one of my managers can finish a whole plate in a couple of minutes, so we learn to be fast at dinner time.
















Much delicious seafood


Yep, those are some of the pictures I've got so far. I'm attached to the F & B department, with a new boss who is also my room mate. Its been pretty relaxed this week, but I believe the workload would pile up soon.

I was shown to my new office, together with the Executive Chef, F & B coordinator and F & B secretary.

Started the day with reading through F & B books and magazines for inspiration on the latest trends. Then went down to the Golfer's Terrace to observe the service staff and draft opinions on how things can be improved. Tomorrow, I would be going up to Palm Restaurant, the higher end option for guests.

Apart from that, I am enjoying my worklife and weekly visits to the nearest supermarket. We should be heading out to Ho Chi Minh City on Monday when we are off.

Alright then, will update again when time permits.

Chiaoz

2 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah..u all go there for attachment or attend meeting? so good treatment ah..

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Primordialism Instrumentalism said...

Haha. Well, perhaps it will make up for the hardwork which both of us would have to put in when the major events start falling into place.

Cheers,
Jonathan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)