Monday, June 05, 2006

Perception

Perception is the process by which individuals select, organize and intepret their sensory impressions in order to give meaning to their environment in order to give meaning to their environment.

It is the unique intepretation of the situation, not an exact recording of it.

What one perceives can be substantially different from objective reality. This is why individuals may look at the same thing, yet perceive it differently.

"How we perceive people affects how we treat them. Conversely, how we perceive people affects how others treat us."

The above statement gave strong reasonance to the way I am feeling. Perhaps it was God's way of answering the burning questions which raged through my head:

"Why are people unappreciative of the things you do for them?"

"Why do people treat others for granted?"

"Why can't I be born as a more better looking, more eloquent, intelligent and richer individual?"

I went to church on Sunday hoping to find an answer to my problems through the sermons, but to no avail. Then while pondering yesterday, I realized that my behaviour could be based on my perception of what reality is, and not reality itself.

Perhaps I should change my perception and count my blessings. In fact, the only need I lack now is self actualization and maybe the need for affiliation.

From this day forth, I shall start changing my perspective on life, to be a better person. I have to admit that I have treated some friends rather badly and taking them for granted for the consolation, comfort and strength they have provided me, however, they never admonished nor chastised me but continued to be there for me.

Thus, I should be the same, sincere and true with the people around me. Contributing to a better world.

Change has to start within, WITH ME!


*"To those who have had the patience to read this far, thank you for attending this integrated lecture on perception and introduction to motivation.
Don't forget your OB Mid - Sem test is tomorrow, 3pm to 4pm. It would consist of 10 MCQs, 2 case studies and a total of 30 marks. It is worth 15% of your coursework.
With that, all the best to everyone in whatever subjects you may be sitting for, OB, Calculus, Law, Food Hygiene and so on.


Au Revior. Enchante

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)