Friday, January 27, 2006

An Incentive Trip

Phew...guess what? Its the 27th January 2005, 2319hrs, and we've completed all our projects for this semester. From Lodging, to MICE, to Facilities Management and finally F & B Ops & Mgt.
Was a very rush day yesterday, from school to home. Although I completed my part, I still feel bad that I could not stay on with my group to finish compiling & editing the project.
Caught the 5pm flight to Hong Kong with my family. As the tradition goes, my family & relatives are indeed global citizens, with each coming from a different country, we have a common practise of celebrating Chinese New Year in different countries every year. Melaka, Kuala Lumpur, China, Singapore and now....Hong Kong.
Had my first brush with the law at Changi International Airport's customs checkpoint. When a scissors and Singapore Chef's Association penknife was discovered in my bag, items I had absent mindedly forgot to remove. However, I got them back from the baggage enquiries desk when I touched down at Hong Kong.
Then at Hong Kong's immigration, I was held up again as the officer could not understand why my passport was extended only every 6 months. For most of us who know, its because of our National Service committments to the republic. Having a bad pronounciation of Mandarin, I ended up repeating myself, as the officer couldn't comprehend my Chinese.
I don't understand why so many things are going wrong, and its only the beginning.
We were transferred to our hotel in 3o minutes via the hotel's mini van service.
The hotel we are staying at is named Langham Place, its a new concept with an adjoining shopping mall featuring the latest in Hong Kong's fashion trends.

So now, I am right here in the business center nodding off, will write again tomorrow, its been a long day.

Good Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)