Sunday, January 20, 2008

Healthwise

As they always say, look after your health.

Very true. Especially so when there's a flu bug in the air right now and some of my friends have gotten it or landed in hospital. As for those of who cannot resist alcohol like myself, DON'T DRINK TO INTOXICATE YOURSELF!!! Its simply not worth it.

Here's what a bottle of Shiraz, Champagne, Riesling and Moscato did to me. My level of consciousness (LOC) on the AVPU scale was a V...Verbal....I was rather disillusioned and on the verge of collapsing, cut my finger against the toilet door and tripped and bruised my left foot. In the end when I decided it was time to go back, 3 friends had to give me some water and let me take the cab first...rather embarassing since they are girls....

I was almost asleep on the cab, the taxi driver could hardly understand a word I was saying. When I alighted, I vomitted outside my neighbors house, lugged myself to my room, changed and collapsed in a heap on my bed.

The next morning, I awoke with a splitting headache and perpetual giddiness coupled with imbalance. Thought sleeping a while more would help but it didn't and eventually had to walk about, eat breakfast feeling giddy, got back home, did some studying and allow the alcohol to wear off about lunch time.

Trust me...the feeling sucks big time.


So....control, resist, abstain...if you can...


Ta ta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)